Tuesday 25 January 2011

Made Thought

Particularly love this publication for Future Laboratory designed by MadeThought. The design direction from the cover to the spreads inside work really well, demonstrating a well considered format, layout and a good balance between the type and image. Something that I've always found myself to struggle with still.

I have noted this before but I'm beginning to prefer this format of displaying work as opposed to the infinite background. I feel that this format although it is only a suble difference gives the pieces more of a functional feel, it doesn't look like it's being exhibited like a piece of art as much. Also it allows the products to lean on them, allowing for better angles when photographing it. Will give this a go when I reshoot everything for my website again.




No comments:

Post a Comment