Thursday 31 March 2011

Cover Developments

With another brief meeting arranged for tomorrow with the fine art committee, we needed to develop some more covers or atleast refine what they had selected from the previous meeting. I was mainly responsible for working on the cover ideas for the previous few days so decided that it would probably be easiest for me to develop these.

Because I wasn't able to attend the previous meeting with the fine art committee, I had to rely on the rest of the group to tell me what they had selected and where we were at, to dictate how I should develop these. Sheila and majority of the committee really liked the use of the large type pushing out of the page and coming back in, they particularly appreciated the concept of how it was slightly difficult and confusing to read, stating that it reflected the whole idea of what they did.

These were the initial thoughts that I had to consider when making these revisions, I was informed that I should continue to experiment with the two different typefaces that I had used before; Akkurat-Bold and Quicksand, two very different typefaces with completely different weights, letterforms and characteristics. They liked the idea of type going out of the page and back in and the concept of engaging viewers by making it slightly distorted and difficult to read instantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment