Thursday 28 April 2011

Mockup 01

I felt that I was at the point that I should start printing out the designs to check on the scale, type specification etc, and also to realise the format that I have chosen. I also needed to work out the rough thickness and size of the overall book so that I can start mocking up the slip case that it comes in. I wanted the measurements to be exact so that only the spine and the details of the lookbook are revealed. I think this slip case helps add something extra to the finish of the lookbook, eventhough it's actually quite a simple mechanism to protect the book.

So below here, I have just printed out the cover on a thin 130gsm matte and a rough slip case printed onto 80gsm. I just wanted to test the measurements of the case and how the book slots into it. I'm thinking of furthering the use of the maps and applying it onto the front of the case to contrast with the minimal design of the type treatment, layout and design direction of the book as a whole.


The horizontal bars work really well with the motion of pulling the book out, one of the details that I really like and would really like to refine a bit more either from the colours or the production side.


No comments:

Post a Comment